Saturday, January 10, 2009

Interesting...


I got an email recently from SpeakerTweaker, and he had a interesting proposal. The idea that he had was to suggest a gathering of like-minded bloggers in our area (roughly San Antonio to Austin) for food, firearms, and fun. Some others have held similar get togethers and have managed to have a great time. Well why not us, then?


Indeed.


During a recent planning conversation/spitball session, we chatted a bit about guns, better halves, Christmas guns, ammo, kiddos, possible ranges, recently purchased guns, rising prices, bare gun shelves and the like.


This could take awhile...


So, in the interest of testing the waters so to speak, we're both planning on tossing this out there to all who might be interested.


Bueller...?


Pretty much everything is up for debate right now, from location, ranges, food, dates and times. As I understand it, responses and those interested will determine exactly where (what city) this'll be held, and from there where we go, etc.


Anybody up for this can email Tweaker or myself to let us know of your interest, make suggestions, offer sponsorship for my ammo fund, and/or donate small children for the post party clean up.

9 comments:

Crucis said...

Too bad, y'all are 12-14 hours away from KC. :-(

Ambulance Driver said...

Well, January and March are out for me...but I could be induced to hop on the bike and throw a couple sidearms in the bag for a trip to San Antonio in February or April...

Sabra said...

Oh man, I'm in! Depending on when it is, I can even donate some kids. Hmm, I wonder when spring break is...

firefighter4884 said...

I had the opportunity to attend the Indy Blog bash in December with Roberta.

If you guys are doing something in the Austin area, I'm in (I'm in College Station for work...)

AD... if you need a place to stay, let me know. I have an extra bed room :) (We met at EMStock)

Snigglefrits said...

Can I whine on your blog Murphy? All the good blogfolk are too many states away from me. :(

Anonymous said...

There's very good hunting and fishing up here.

P.S. Passing box of Kleenex to Snigglefrits.

Old NFO said...

Depending on dates, I'm in...

Snigglefrits said...

Delete this reply, but if you know anyone willing to Snignap me where I can come, give them my address. :P

Anonymous said...

Here via Lawdog via Lookingforlissa. Any news on this? I'm in Austin with 2 Sigs and a recently acquired AR15. Happy to contribute to the gun pool and the ammo fund.