Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wing Man Bravo Foxtrot

Murphy's military definition of the day;

Dump Ex. (Dump Exercise) - The period of time when, at the end of a training evolution, there's the realization that only a limited amount of time remains on the training schedule... and there's a metric ass-ton of ammo, mortar rounds, feral cats, pyro, etc. left to use up. It usually devolves into more or less a free for all / max rate of fire / redneck wet-dream for all boot Marines and anybody wanting to shoot the mortar / machine guns / whatever-is-being shot, blown up, burned up, or annihilated.

Example: "Get all the FNGs and Pog- er- interested Marines to stand by the mortars for the Dump Ex! We're leaving in 20 minutes and we have 500 HE rounds to fire! Half Load!!!..."



If however, Marines are off-base and in a bar, it is NOT to be used in the following (no definition provided, I'm sure you can figure it out).

"Duuude, those burritos tore me up! *burp* I'm gonna finish my beer and go take a dump... ex!"

... especially when Murphy is someway, somehow, looking like he's hitting it off with the li'l hottie who's way outta his league in the first place!



8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh so true from both definitions... Don't ever try the camel burger in Cairo either... :-)

Snigglefrits said...

Poor romantically challenged Murphy.

Hehe.

Murphy said...

old nfo - Camel: The other, other, other, white meat.

snigglefrits - I know! Jeez, I have enough trouble left to my own devices.

Bob G. said...

Camel: the other, other, OTHER white meat...

Oh, so THAT'S what color it's "s'posed" to be!?!
(and we thought they smelled bad on the OUTSIDE)
...where's the damn SPAM?

B.G.

Snigglefrits said...

I wish I hadn't read that right before lunch.

Anybody want a nice Sub sandwich? It's supposed to be turkey, but all I can think now is camel or SPAM, and we all know what SPAM stands for...

Must be The Murphy Diet- please forward your address where I can send the check or money order.

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee a couple of my guys are eating at Don Juan's right now, pretty sure there will be a dumping exercise shortly after...

Alison said...

Murph - I think Snigs has a great idea there... a post on The Murphy Diet... or How Much Dried Beef and Gravy (SOS) can one Soldier Eat?

Murphy said...

[pinky to mouth] "We could make... [eyebrow]... millions?"



Bwahahaha!