Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HHhhhmmmm....

Just got a change of address notification for a bank account.... that I've never had.


Guess it's better than a credit card company, wondering why I haven't paid 'my' bill... that I somehow acquired while on ship and halfway around the world, or perhaps the collections agency inquiring as to if I was going to pick up the slack for some numb nuts that put my info down to buy a car... in California (no need to check the profile, I live in Texas), or, probably my favorite, it's a heck of a lot better than one of those VA letters that start out with 'Unfortunately, our continuous dumbassery and lack of information security has resulted in your personal information getting lost... again. Please accept our heartfelt blah blah bladdity blah....


Bah.

Ah well, it's about time for another credit check anyways....

5 comments:

Snigglefrits said...

That would royally piss me off. Both my parents and the husband work for the state and they've all gotten half a dozen letters over the last couple of years about their info being lost or stolen. Makes me want to bang someone's head against the wall, repeatedly.

drc said...

I hate getting those in the mail. Makes you wonder how they can get credit using my info when I can't even get credit with it.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the Marine!Goth just got one of those "you don't have a credit file, so we can't extend you credit" letters. On an account he never heard of, for a date when he was deployed.

Time to freeze HIS accounts, too.(growl).

Murphy said...

Jars buried in the back yard and bills in the mattress are looking better and better all the time.

I don't even mess around with credit cards anymore, not for fear of my actions, but for fear of theirs. Not worth the hassle.

As far as information security goes, it's just a matter of planning for when someone screws up and loses my info again, gotta have the back up to the back up plan 'B', ya know...

Dedicated_Dad said...

Careful. Among the newest scams are these...

"We'll help you fix this. All we need is your genuine info..."

Watch your SIX.

DD