Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blergh.

My Great-Grandmother passed this weekend. At... [counting fingers n' toes]... well over 100 years old and with her slowly deteriorating condition (acute well-over-100-years-old-ia), nobody can really say that it was much of a surprise, and I'm sure her latest doc is relieved that she hasn't outlived him like his several predecessors, but it's still somewhat difficult, most of all for the fact that she lived in south America, leaving visits for those of us here in the States too few and far in between.


If this had been the only loss the (extended) family has undergone recently, it would be easier, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Been a rough few months, just part of life...


Add to this some fights with an insurance company (Grrrr), miscellaneous medical bills (save for one rump-rogering exception small but numerous), work (too much), sleep (lack of), and realizing that my pants gathered around my ankles is a good indicator of tax time and, well, postings have been at times somewhat of a struggle. This is just a heads up to those sorta kinda in the know and with those with curiosity how things are plodding along here.

More (hopefully frequent and amusing) soon...

7 comments:

none said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grat grandmother. I bet she had some great stories to tell.

firefighter4884 said...

I'm sorry for your loss dude.

I lost my grandfather just over 2 weeks ago.

It still hurts...

--Jim

Anonymous said...

May God bless her soul...how lucky your family is to have enjoyed that lady's presence for so long.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but please take care.

Snigglefrits said...

Sorry to hear that Murphy. Y'all have been plagued with more than your fair share as of late.

Old NFO said...

Sorry for your loss Murph! Bright side, she has gone to a better place! Hang in and hang on, we're there with ya...

Bob G. said...

Sarge:
Ditto 2 Old NFO.
(a much better place)

We ARE all with 'ya.

SpeakerTweaker said...

My condolences, Murph.

May she rest in peace.



tweaker