Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Snippets of Wisdom...

I have learned to 'never say never', but I suppose that it might be a safe bet to make that nowhere in a pre-liberty briefing can one find authorizations for junior Marines to be mind-numbingly drunk on the beach...

... at about oh, 1030 in the morning...

...hitting on all ladies (and a few innocent trash cans) in a 5 mile area...


Clue #1.

When one of the civilian police responders (of about 4 or so) turns out to be female, she's probably not going to be interested in manly displays of musculature, the rippling of ink work, or suave come-ons.


Clue #2.

Police departments in the vicinity of Marine bases have probably dealt with drunk, amorous, and/or feisty Marines.

At least once or twice.


Clue #3 (bonus).

Don't fight with the cops. Ever. Not even once, and not even 'just a little bit'.

Following boot tread-marks and reading boot-sole labels on the bodies of Marines recently released from the pokey provides for hours of fond reminiscing at the end of the float.



6 comments:

Snigglefrits said...

That's what I love about your blog Murphy...informative and entertaining all at once.

I have to wonder though- is this the voice of experience speaking?

Old NFO said...

Of course they are going to do it again at the next port... sigh... They don't call y'all Jarheads for nothing :-)

Murphy said...

Snigglefrits: I was once (m'yeah, only once) in a platoon that was considered the 'problem children' of the unit. Always seemed that somebody from our herd was always getting into some mischief or the other.

I was actually one of those chuckling at the knucklehead - I got too much respect for the job they do to even think about messing around like that.

NFO: 'The fog of libo'

Anonymous said...

Spent 2 years as a squid, 6 1/2 as a doggie...and I check your blog everyday for my military humor fix. For a jarhead, you are an extremely gifted writer! My exposure to jarheads included a stint going through riverine training in Vallejo ('68) and our pt instructor was a jarhead captain. He still has my respect...

Murphy said...

Jeez, anony, who do you root for during the Army/Navy game? Heck you probably got twice the stories that I do!

Ha! I just logged on from this comments page, and I guess I typed something wrong. The screen re-loaded, and the word verification thing changed. New word verification?

fhucko

Snigglefrits said...

Huckt on fonix werks for werd verifikashun.