Thursday, May 10, 2007

Personal Thoughts

Don't remember where I first heard of this, and I am sorry to say that I don't know who to attribute it to. It is a quote that I think of often, and when will-power, rage, thinking happy thoughts or all the rest of the usual personal motivators are not quite doing the trick, this one makes me pause, think, and get back to work.



"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home. He knows only The Cause. Still want to quit?"



Something that I think that people tend to overlook is that a True Believer can and will be anywhere.

Ft. Dix, anyone?

No comments: