Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Thank You

... for all of the kind and thoughtful comments, e-mails, and blog posts over the past week or so. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this situation, and I know it's not going to be easy, but I just wanted to convey my thanks to all, for all.

To my lazy Monday afternoon conversationalist, a special thank you, I needed that.

I'm back home now, all the initial details have been taken care of, and now it's just time to wait for the last of the paperwork, payments, notifications, etc. to come through. I suppose that this is where the getting over/through/on/whatever is supposed to take place, as well. Truth be told, it has already started, but with a frustratingly sense of slowness. It'll come...

Blog stories are still on standby for the immediate future, but I'm already getting back around, cruising the blogroll, and getting back into the swing of things.


Thank you, again.

13 comments:

FarmGirl said...

Murph, getting on? Takes a long, long time.

The hardest part about losing someone you love is the moments down the line when it hits you like a hammer between the eyes. At least, it seems that way to me.

Old NFO said...

Take all the time you need Murph. The hardest part for me was dealing with the idjits while taking care of all the paperwork.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Good to hear from you again, Murph. I was hoping you'd come around.

I'm not the first, and I doubt I'll be the last, but you just feel free to drop ole Tweaker a line if you need to get something off your chest.

We're here for ya.



tweaker

Anonymous said...

Everything in its own time and for all of us that's different.

However, we're here for you when you do decide to return.

The Captain said...

It might take time before you feel like posting again. Don't rush it - just ease back into the swing of things.

Anonymous said...

Murphy, it will take more time than you think. In some ways, it's like a wound that scabs over, heals, scars, but still 'catches' sometimes when you move just wrong.

That's ok. We know their leaving left a hole in our soul. But you do, eventually, get to the point where you can live around that void in your personal world. You might not believe it now, or even want to believe it.

Take as long as you need, and don't let ANYone put expecatations on your grief. It will take what it takes.

DW said...

Brother, my Dad has been gone almost eleven years, sometinmes I still get hot eyes and a hollow feeling. I have no advice, just live to make him proud. Everything goes on and so will we.

Anonymous said...

As time goes on the feelings will get better.

Abby said...

Murph-

I can't even imagine, since that's trail I haven't had to walk.

You take care and hang in there. We're pulling for you.

Shells said...

Take more than enough time to find the new "normal" in your life. Sorry to hear that this has happened.

phlegmfatale said...

Wishing you well at this difficult time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Murphy said...

The above comment/link/advertisement was not sought, is not appreciated and is most definitely not recommended.